Junk Makeovers

When I was a little girl, I loved watching makeovers on TV. Something about seeing drab and dreary looking people being helped to find their inner beauty and learning to live up to thier potential always struck a chord with me. I feel the same way about tossed treasures at the fleamarket. I look for old, neglected pieces that can be given a second life; a chance to live up to their potential. Sometimes when I thrift shop, even I don't know what I'm looking for, but I always leave with something good. I scour the thrift stores for colorful dishes that can be painted and stamped or broken into pieces (for mosaics). I love 70s era wooden wall hangings. They looks so modern and fun with a coat of acrylic paint. Old jewelry and beads can be reworked into something one-of-a-kind and interesting.



I'm always searching for diverse materials to work with, and I love thrift shops and fleamarkets because they're cheap and add interest and depth to wherever they are used. Plus, searching for new materials has become one of my new favorite hobbies. You never know what you're going to find!

1 comment:

  1. Thrifting is indeed addictive! I think it's the mystery of the unknown, not knowing what I'll fall in love with or bring home that day, that makes it so exciting. I love that flower!

    ReplyDelete