current painting

So the current painting that I've been working on is about an hour's work away from being finished. I just can't seem to motivate myself to do that last little bit. For those of you that weren't with me a few posts back, my good friend commissioned me to do a painting for her. She was very touched by a piece that I did called "Time".







She wanted me to do a piece inspired by it, but in a horizontal shape that would fit over her fireplace. It was a challenge, both to make it look right and to please her (she was very picky about the colors and objects, and rightly so!) but I think we finally worked out something that really works.





2 comments:

  1. oh Rachel..
    what a lucky girls your friend is....
    stunning..
    I was hoping you would be a blog friend...
    be back soon..
    mona & the girls
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete