Inspiration

So, I want to know... what inspires you?

Artists and crafty people have to start with some kind of vision, so where does that vision come from? What drives you to be good at what you do?

I know there are a lot of reasons that people create art, and I thought about it a lot. I think that I love art because it is a form of communication that I can express myself and be understood. I have never been a great communicator, and not for lack of trying. Its just always been really hard for me to get complex ideas and feelings across to others. When I'm painting, I feel like I can put a million feelings and thoughts and ideas onto that one-dimensional surface. I know that a lot of people say that you should paint for yourself, and I do, but I also paint for you. I want to pass my ideas and thoughts on to the viewer. I can paint when not inspired with an idea, but my most powerful paintings were done when I was inspired with an idea I had to share. With any of my pieces, I could tell you the idea I was trying to convey... but I prefer to let the paintings speak for themselves.






So... what inspires you? I want to know. If you don't know yet, then you should take some time to figure it out. It may not make your work technically better, but it will give it life and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment